Spent the day getting things running like they should.
First I removed the old house battery as it was dead and found that the box for it, which hangs down below the floor was just about to let the battery drop onto the road.
so out it came.
As a replacement, I could have rebuilt the box and replace the same battery but the best I could get in that space was only about 35 amp-hours.
So being the kind of person I am I bought a 185 amp hour AGM true deep cycle battery as it is slightly larger (compare hole to the battery) I decided I would install it under the bed as it is unvented this should not be a problem.
I had to strip the old cables out and replace them with new ones. Unfortunately, I can't finish until I get new battery connections they are back ordered.
I patched the floor so it is good to go.
I also tested the gas lines and got the furnace, stove, fridge, and water heater all working.
I'm quite happy with the fridge it works on 120v, 12v, or gas, the 12v will help save propane as we can run it on that while driving and with that battery probably a day parked, probably not until I see it power consumption.
I also repaired the screens for the back side windows to keep the bugs out and now it's time for dinner and a beer.
No comments:
Post a Comment
We would be happy to hear what you think.