Been puttering along fixing and improving things getting ready for adventures.
I installed a new radio as the old one was not working. This turned into quite the task as the new digital technology did not really want to get installed into its new-old analog home. But after an hour on the phone with the tech support people it's now sounding great.
I also installed a rearview camera that I can view through the GPS screen, running wires for this was a task made difficult by how well Roadtrek built the unit.
Speaking of running wires I got the Inverter installed, it's a 2000w pure sinewave one that should allow us the use of 120 volts while not connected to shore power. It also has a remote switch and monitor so I can turn it on from the cabin and monitor the system at a glance. you can see it in the corner at the bottom left of this photo.
I lucked out here because the installation was made easy by the fact that the van's power converter was set up for a generator so I just used that circuit for the inverter instead as we don't have a Gene.
Karin and I went through all the things we'll need (pots and pans, dishes, and towels) from the other Galavans and have started to pack up.
Making great progress
ReplyDeleteThat is Tom commenting.
ReplyDeleteWow jerome - it's coming along - where and when is the next trip?
ReplyDelete