Monday, June 24, 2013

Another weekend working on The Galavan

Not much fun this weekend first it was 33c or 91f so just going into The Galavan brought out a sweat, good thing it has AC.
Karin and I had ordered some flooring to replace the filthy carpet, why anyone in their right mind would put carpet in a RV is beyond me, we have been waiting for it to arrive as it is back ordered and will still be a couple of weeks.
I decided that I would rip out the carpet that was down so I could check the floor and just get rid of the old carpet and the smell that it has.
Now in a house the carpet goes to the walls and stops. In an RV it goes to the walls then they build all the cabinets, seating, and everything else on top of it, so I had to use an utility knife to cut it out it took 7 double ended blades to cut it it was so full of sand and dirt.


we will leave the carpet in the cab for now until we figure out what kind of carpeting to put in.

 We did not like the look of the oriented strand board so we decided to paint it.

it looks good until the flooring arrives. and is easier to keep clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would be happy to hear what you think.