Saturday, July 3, 2021

Tecno Electric Stuff

 So the Galavan 3.1 is old and technology has changed. The converter that came with the Galavan would be on any time there was 120v supplied to the system this could cause a problem with the Inverter supplying 120v it would try to charge the battery with battery power, not the best situation. 

So I removed the converter and replaced it with a NOCO smart battery charger rated for the high amp hours and AGM of the new battery. The is directly wired to the shore power side of the transfer switch with a fused connection so it will only charge the battery when plugged into the shore power.

I also installed a 12v to 12v battery charger from Renogy so that I can charge the AGM battery without frying it which would have happened with the higher voltage from the alternator in the Van itself. Now when we drive the house battery will be charged at 14.7v until it's charged and then it will automatically switch to a float charge of 3.5 to maintain the battery.

I will monitor the systems as I may need to provide some additional ventilation for the new electroics.

Here's how it looks now.


Needs some tidying up of the wires but everything seems to work as it should.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We would be happy to hear what you think.